Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gone with the Wind Book Flight

I first heard of a "Book Flight" via Modern Mrs. Darcy's blog a year or so ago.  Since then, I've wanted to give one a try. 

Basically, a book flight is a collection of books your read that follow a common theme.  They are different genres, different authors, etc. but have something tying them all together.

When I came across Ruth's Journey last fall, I decided to do a Gone with the Wind book flight consisting of the following:
  • Ruth's Journey
  • Rhett Butler's People
  • Gone with the Wind
  • Scarlett
I have previously read the last two (GWTW several times) but probably not either in the last decade or so.  Perfectly acceptable for a reread at this point. 

Since I began Ruth's Journey mid-April, I have expanded my flight list.  It now also includes (in no particular order)
  • Road to Tara:  The Life of Margaret Mitchell
  • Scarlett Rules:  When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress
  • Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind Letters
  • Vivien Leigh:  A Biography
  • Gone with the Wind as Book and Film
  • Stars Over Sunset Boulevard
The flight is off to a rocky start.  I did not love Ruth's Journey.  I liked Rhett Butler's People even less.  (Reviews on those to come).  I already quit one biography that seemed promising but ended up being dry and confusing and slow reading.  But I'm determined to push through.  If nothing else, I have the original GWTW to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. There ya go! Give yourself a Good Read Reward at the end of the flight :)

    ReplyDelete