Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Before We Were Yours - Lisa Wingate


Before We Were YoursBefore We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Memphis 1939 and South Carolina present day. A family of orphans. A family of wealth. What are each of their stories, and how do they intertwine.

This book grew on me as I was reading it. So I think the 3 star rating instead of 4 start might be a result of wrong book for the time. The first half I didn't have big chunks of time to read. So the stories were disjointed, and I had a hard time engaging with the characters or either of the plots. The second half I was more invested in because I had longer reading sessions. I could really lose myself in the tales even though I knew how they were involved. Or maybe I enjoyed it because I knew how they were involved.

Regardless...how in the world is none of this ever taught in history classes?!? I even went to 3.5 years of school in Tennessee and took Tennessee history. The truths of Georgia Tann and the families she tore apart, lives she destroyed and ended. Atrocious.

I think it's definitely worth the read, even if purely from a historical interest.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment