Tuesday, April 28, 2020

What I've Read Recently


Loves Music, Loves to DanceLoves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I hadn't read any Mary Higgins Clark before. When she passed recently, I borrowed a few of here books from a friend and just got around to reading one.
Wow. There were a lot of characters to keep track of. I liked the story and how it came together though. I can see how Clark is considered a master of her craft.

View all my reviews Heroes for My SonHeroes for My Son by Brad Meltzer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this quick read and will be buying it for my kids' bookshelves. There are several people this book inspired me to look into further.

View all my reviews AttachmentsAttachments by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cute, fun book. I enjoyed all but one of the characters. Thankfully, he and his swearing didn’t show up too much.
The climax was...awkward and not my favorite. But the resolution after redeemed it some.
And bonus fun: The book is set in Omaha with recognizable landmarks and features.

View all my reviews My Mrs. BrownMy Mrs. Brown by William Norwich
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a slow book for me. I started it three times before I succeeded in reading it all the way through. There's not really anything I can pinpoint disliking about it. I just didn't enjoy the reading. Part of me wonders if there was some deeper message in it that I just missed.

View all my reviews Who Was J.R.R. Tolkien?Who Was J.R.R. Tolkien? by Pam Pollack
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I thought it was a good biography. I learned some from it myself.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment