Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Short Thoughts on Recent Reads 8.25.2020

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I finished this a few days ago and am still trying to decide how I feel about it. It was interesting to see how Snow became who he was in the Hunger Games trilogy. However, so much of it was so dark. There were times I had to put the book down and walk away because it just left me yucky feeling.
I have waffled between 1 and 2 stars on this.

View all my reviews ChristyChristy by Catherine Marshall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I first read this book in middle school, and I remember loving it. I felt the same rereading it in high school and college. This time around, I did still like it. However, it didn't have the same spark and inspiration I recall. Probably has more to do with me as the reader than the book itself.

View all my reviews Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives RevealedMaybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I did not anticipate enjoying this book as much as I did.
Lori Gottlieb sheds light into her therapy practice as well as her interactions with her own therapist. It was funny. It was heart warming. It was sad. It was challenging.
I read a copy from my library but plan to buy one for my shelf. It was good, even, for introspection; and I anticipate rereading it in the future.

View all my reviews RecursionRecursion by Blake Crouch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I will admit that I was super confused for the first half of this book. Then the science-y ideas all started coming together and making sense. I ended up enjoying this more than his book Black Matter.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment