Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Everything Here Is Beautiful - Mira T. Lee


Everything Here Is BeautifulEverything Here Is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a book of lives intertwined. Sisters. Marriage. Lovers. Parents. Children. One's own self.

Lucia and Miranda Bok are Chinese American sisters who pop in and out of each other's lives. Lucia is free spirited and passionate while Miranda has always taken on the more protector, practical role. When Lucia starts hallucinating and hearing voices, Miranda tries to rescue her as she always has.

This book took many, many pages for me to get into. I think that had more to do with my brain space at the time than the book itself. I didn't become attached to any particular character but the highlight of the book for me was "watching" the ways the characters interacted. Not just their words but their internal monologues as well. I really wanted to not like Manny due to some of his choices. But even with him, you can see the reasons behind those choices because the chapters rotate through several alternating perspectives. It was well written overall. Choppy at times, but even that made sense.

Great for a book club to read together as there is a plethora of things to discuss and debate in this story.

Heads-up: language, sex

Read more reviews at https://mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment