Monday, August 26, 2019

The Forgotten Road (The Broken Road #2) - Richard Paul Evans


The Forgotten Road (The Broken Road, #2)The Forgotten Road by Richard Paul Evans
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The second book in the Broken Road series, Charles James is continuing his walk along Route 66.

This book was more of a 1.5 stars for me. I didn't not like it, but I didn't really like it either. While Charles moved along his route, the plot didn't really move along much at all. It was more a list of towns and roadside attractions than the introspection I'm used to from Evans's books and characters. Even The Walk series, which this one is reminding me more and more of - just a different route, had a lot more character development and interaction.

I'll read the third book just because it's not a huge time commitment, but I'm hoping that one is more than the travelogue this one seemed to be. And not a very engaging travelogue at that.

More reviews at https://mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment