Monday, February 17, 2020

Billy Joel - Fred Schruers


Billy JoelBilly Joel by Fred Schruers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So there was some about this book that I didn't love.
--Name and company dropping without context
--The author seems to assume you already know a lot about Billy Joel, the music industry and its players, etc. I don't. I mean, I can sing along with a lot of his songs but didn't know his life. Hence wanting to read this book.
--A lot of contradictions. That could be because much of the information was taken from interviews and people's perspectives and memories can be different.
--I didn't get the *many* Godfather movie references. That's probably just me though.

By the middle of the book it, a lot of those things were improved or I was now familiar with them. I did end up enjoying the book and am looking even more forward to seeing him in concert this summer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment