Friday, December 1, 2017

When Dimple Met Rishi - Sandhya Menon


When Dimple Met RishiWhen Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Dimple and Rishi have been "matched" by their parents. Rishi knows it while Dimple has no clue when they meet at an app design camp. Cue disaster? Not really.
I love cheesy YA with the best of readers...usually. But this one was just over the top hokey to me. The similes and metaphors and descriptions of their feelings and thoughts were just beyond eye rolling to me. Too cute, not in the good way.
That being said, it does get a bonus star for the diverse characters and culture. Although hopefully the print version has a glossary in the back as I spent a lot of time googling words and phrases from the ebook.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment