Monday, August 20, 2018

It Ends with Us - Colleen Hoover


It Ends with UsIt Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover


Holy Smokes! I loved, loved, LOVED the lessons and main character (and most of the side characters) in this book. However, I HATED all the graphic sex. And the profanity. If you’re like me, prepare to skip a lot of pages. I would love to recommend this book to everyone but don’t feel like I can recommend it to anyone. I'm not even sure how to rate it with stars. The writing and message and characters are a 5. But not being able to recommend it...
Lily didn’t have a great childhood. But she’s opening a whole new chapter in Boston, starting her own floral shop. A chance encounter with Ryle changes the course in both their lives. She’s head over heels. Then her first love reappears in her new life and things devolve from there.
Lily is one tough cookie. She opened up my mind and heart to things I thought I knew but didn’t fully understand until witnessed through her experiences. I was rooting for her throughout. There was one piece at the ending of her story that left me a bit disappointed. I didn’t need my loose ends tied up that neatly.
Ryle’s sister and Lily’s mom are both great women and characters in their own right.
It is hard to write a detailed review on this book as there are so many things that would be spoilers. I have a lot I would like to say though. The lack of review length doesn’t reflect a lack of thoughts on the book. I’m still thinking about it several weeks later.
This was a book club pick this month. Definitely a lot of fodder for discussion.

If you want to read more of my reviews, visit mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com.

Trigger Warnings: several.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment