Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Outlander (Outlander #1) - Diana Gabaldon


Outlander (Outlander, #1)Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I keep waffling between 3 and 4 stars. So I'm glad I finally read it. I'm definitely going to read the second book as I have some lingering questions for sure.
Others were right to warn me about All.The.Sex. And not just normal, passionate sex. There is some messed up stuff and a lot of triggers if you're sensitive to violence, abuse, etc. My "women are equals" dander was put up a number of times; I had to keep reminding myself we're in 1700's Scotland.
But the writing was captivating. The character development amazing. Some of the concepts and ideas had me thinking between reading sessions. And I hear the racy isn't so much in the following books.
It took me almost 2 weeks to read, which is quite a bit of time for me to devote to one book. I'd say it was worth it, though, and I was moving homes during those weeks. So reading time was in shorter supply.
If you've been on the fence like me, go ahead and give it a try.

View all my reviews D

No comments:

Post a Comment