Friday, November 2, 2018

Artemis - Andy Weir


ArtemisArtemis by Andy Weir
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Jazz grew up on Artemis, the moon colony. She is a smuggler of goods, hoping to get rich and move up in both housing and food choice. She's smart and smart-alecky. Soon she's commissioned for a job that just might be more than she bargained for.
I listened to the audio book for The Martian and remember really enjoying it. So, I already had this book on my TBR when the library sci-fi book club chose it for November's book. And I didn't love it. I waffled between 1 and 2 stars. I think I would have really liked the story if I wouldn't have been continually distracted by all. the. language. So much. Excessive to what was needed for the character. A lot of sex mentioning as well that I didn't feel like added to the story line.
This book seemed less science and more fiction/fantasy than The Martian. But I could be wrong there as I'm not well-versed in moon science.
The narrative got bogged down in description of the lunar colony, and I just didn't really care for any of the characters.
Not a fan.

If you'd like to read more of my reviews, please visit me at mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment