Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Seven Days of Us - Francesca Hornak


Seven Days of UsSeven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

The Birch family is having to spend the Christmas holiday under quarantine at their country estate due to their oldest daughter’s medical career. For those seven days, they bump up each other and their various personalities and idiosyncrasies. Is a happy holiday had?
I am striking out on Christmas books this season. I found nothing to like about this book other than short chapters, that were easy to read.
I didn’t like or appreciate or care about any of the characters. Perhaps that was the point, and I missed it? They were just all so dysfunctional and self-absorbed. Every.Last.Character.
The “coincidences” where just a bit much. Seriously. Were the 6 main characters the only people on the planet to continue running into each other like that? The “surprises” weren’t surprising at all but could be spotted chapters in advance.
The plot and story telling were ponderous in the minutiae.
Summed up: I just really didn’t care.
That being said, other people in my book club (it was our December choice), enjoyed it. So perhaps it’s just me.
If you would like to read more of my reviews, please visit mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment