Monday, May 4, 2020

The Summer Wives - Beatriz Williams


The Summer WivesThe Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In this novel of complex relationships, the story moves between three different decades on a tiny island off Long Island where the wealthy go to summer.

The narrative and the characters were all fascinating. Due to some of the subject matter, parts where hard to read. However, the connections between everyone on the island - the wealthy and the working class together as well as among the groups themselves - kept me coming back for more. If you like historical fiction, multiple narratives, and complicated relationships, this is probably a book for you.

Notes of Caution: a lot of drunkenness, rape, abuse, open door scenes

I won the ebook version via a Goodreads Giveaway. Thanks!

To read more of my reviews, visit https://mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment