Friday, February 2, 2018

By the Book - Julia Sonneborn


By the BookBy the Book by Julia Sonneborn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the advanced copy. All opinions are my own.
If you would like to see more of my reviews, visit mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

This book was cute. Predictable and cute. Just what I needed in my reading life at the time.

English professor Anne has goals: get a book deal, make tenure, dealing with her aging father. Maybe a new romance? They all seem to be moving along nicely. Then her ex-fiance shows up as the new president of the college she teaches at. Will this derail everything?

I just liked Anne. I enjoyed most of the other characters, but Anne had me from "English professor." She was a little quirky, but I can appreciate that. I just wanted to see her succeed.

The plot was predictable, yes. I look for that in my lighter fiction sometimes. It's nice to just be along for the ride with no huge surprises and the ending you were wanting.

Enjoyable read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment