Friday, February 2, 2018

Operation Hail Storm (Hail #1) - Brett Arquette


Operation Hail Storm (Hail, #1)Operation Hail Storm by Brett Arquette
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Thanks to the author for the copy of the book and review request. All opinions are my own.
If you would like to see more of my reviews, visit mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

I received an email from the author asking for a review of this book in advance of the second book in the series being released. I had the option to download the regular version or a school version. I went with the regular. In hindsight, I should have picked the school version where the swearing was probably removed or toned down. Although it begs the question how does the school version deal with the whole sexy CIA asset plot line and her job details?

Anyway...

Marshall Hail, physicist billionaire, has a vendetta following the death of his family in The Five. He's built a team and the technology to elimination those on the FBI's Top 10 Terrorist list. This book kicks off that mission.

This book was hard to get into. I was over 30% in before I even started to be interested in any of the story lines or characters. I even stopped reading for the night mid-paragraph once.

There were *so many* characters. Yet the story is more tech driven than plot or character driven. The technology for Hail to accomplish his mission is at center stage. There is an abundance of detail - especially in the first half - about the technology Hail and his team design and deploy.

There are weird word choices and typos. Redundancies right down to exact phrases along with discrepancies in time and detail . It could use a good copy edit for sure, despite the fact (to my knowledge) this was not an unedited advanced copy but the actual book published April 2017.

If you are really into technology and its potential yet don't care as much about character development, this might be the book for you. It was not the book for me.

1.5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment