Friday, February 16, 2018

Oath of Honor (Blue Justice #1) - Lynette Eason


Oath of Honor (Blue Justice #1)Oath of Honor by Lynette Eason
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1.5 stars

I really, really wanted to like this book. It seemed like one that would be right up my alley. Alas, it was not. It would be a 1 star book if not for the fact I didn't see one of the major twists coming. That gave it the extra half, rounding it up to 2 (Goodreads!!!! I need half stars!!!).

Police Officer Izzy St. John is there when her partner is killed in the line of duty. She resolves, with his brother Ryan, to figure out what is going on and bring his killer to justice.

There were *so many* characters in this book. So many it was clear this is being set up to start a long series. Some of them, however, simply weren't necessary to introduce at this time. They played little or no role in the happenings of this book. Even the characters that were necessary where a bit over the top for me. Seriously one of the main characters was frustrated by the lack of progress in the investigation. This is mention on Saturday morning...when the shooting happened late on Thursday night.

There was a lot of backstory about both Izzy and Ryan (and others) that is hinted at but is missing. Almost like there should be a prequel. That led to confusion about some things - some important, others not so.

There were discrepancies throughout the book as well: time, people, places, events. If I'm going to read a suspense book, I want those details to be tight. They weren't.

Overall, it was a disappointment to me. On a positive note, it was a quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment