Sunday, February 24, 2019

Never Give Up Hope: Waging War with Cancer - Craig Davis


Never Give Up Hope: Waging War With CancerNever Give Up Hope: Waging War With Cancer by Craig Davis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The author, Craig Davis, has survived brain cancer not once but three times. This is his story.
In exchange for an ARC, I have promised my honest opinion.
The writing isn’t stellar, but Craig doesn’t claim to be a writer. And I did read an ARC; that I understand has changed drastically between the ARC and final release. So I’m assuming this has improved and that many of the jumps or parts that left me with questions have been corrected.
It is definitely heartfelt and passionate in his belief of God healing him each time. You get a little background on his life, and then Craig steps you through the high and low points of his journey from the initial diagnosis in 2012 to the most recent the summer of 2018. He focuses on God’s fingerprints throughout it all. And I love that. While you’re in the midst of trials, it’s sometimes hard to see Him moving. But hindsight…it shows his handiwork all over the place.
I love Craig’s faith and passion. The hope that he wants to pass along to others who are fighting their own battles – whether they be cancer or something else.
I enjoyed the Facebook posts that were inserted throughout the text to give an “in the moment” look at what was happening.
Definitely a book that’s worth a read. And at just over 100 pages, it’s a quick read at that.

More of my reviews at mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment