Tuesday, February 26, 2019

This Blessed Earth: A Year in the Life of an American Family Farm - Ted Genoways


This Blessed Earth: A Year in the Life of an American Family FarmThis Blessed Earth: A Year in the Life of an American Family Farm by Ted Genoways
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this book because there was a lot of buzz over it when the governor of Nebraska refused to endorse it as the "One Book, One Nebraska" pick for 2019. I purely wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Otherwise it wouldn't have even been on my radar.

This books is both a look at one family farm during a year as well as a look back on farming history and innovation in general. There's even brief glimpses of what the future of farming might be. I'll be the first one to say I know nothing about farming. Genoways does a good job of making the more technical aspects accessible. It was far more interesting than I had hoped for when I picked it up.

I do think (although need to research to confirm) the issue Nebraska's republican governor had with the book. There are a couple of pages in the epilogue that talk about President Trump and how he won with the votes of many farmers who are now being negatively affected by his administration's policies.

A side note, the author picture on the back cover is a bit creepy.

More reviews at www.mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment