Monday, May 7, 2018

American Eclipse: A Nation's Epic Race to Catch the Shadow of the Moon and Win the Glory of the World - David Baron


American Eclipse: A Nation's Epic Race to Catch the Shadow of the Moon and Win the Glory of the WorldAmerican Eclipse: A Nation's Epic Race to Catch the Shadow of the Moon and Win the Glory of the World by David Baron
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you liked this review, you can find more of them at mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

So I originally picked this book off the library showcase bookshelf around the time of the total solar eclipse of August 2017. Life happened. More books shifted in. So I finally got around to listening to the audio book on a road trip all these months later. And it was good. I didn't really go in with expectations, and I think that helped.

The summary on the flap indicates the book follows three scientists (well, one was more an inventor) in their pursuit of the 1878 total eclipse in the western US. However, it was so much more. It references several total eclipses, many more in the astronomical field, and a whole slew of scientists. I'm glad I listened to it or else I fear I would have been bogged down with some of the details and science. Although I found most of the science accessible.

It was an interesting book. Worth the read/listen.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment