Friday, May 18, 2018

Two Mini Reviews


DK Eyewitness Books: First Ladies (Library Edition)DK Eyewitness Books: First Ladies by Amy Pastan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Quick bites of information about every First Lady from Washington to Trump. Also some historical context given.

View all my reviews Parenting Preschoolers with a Purpose: Caring for Your Kids  YourselfParenting Preschoolers with a Purpose: Caring for Your Kids Yourself by Jolene L. Roehlkepartain
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book on parenting revolves around "asset building." The first section covers what the assets are. There are a lot. The second part covers parental self-care. And the final section tackles a ton of common place preschooler situations and 5 tips (plus a couple of bonuses) on specifically how to handle each one.

The assets were overwhelming to me. To try to keep 40-some skills and characters traits and such to develop in my kids in my head all the time. Not going to happen. But I appreciate the exposure.

With the specific situations and issues and scenarios, there were a lot of good, practical tips. Some were common sense, I thought. But I did have some take aways. And, of course, there were some like "Heck, no. I'm not doing that."

A decent read to pick and choose what works for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment