Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Flora & Ulysses - Kate DiCamillo


Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated AdventuresFlora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

A freak vacuum accident leaves the squirrel, Ulysses, with super strength and smarts. Flora is his self-appointed sidekick and protector.

So I made a goal of reading the Newberry winner for each year. Of the ones I read as a child and before making this goal as an adult, I remember liking them all. And the first few I read for this challenge, I enjoyed. Which made this one even more disappointing. Flora was disrespectful and annoying. The repetition of things got on my nerves. Granted, I only made it to Chapter 26 (about 35% through the book), so maybe there is redemption for the book in the end. Hopefully? I mean, it did win a Newberry in 2014. But I'm not willing to invest more reading time in finding out.

If you would like to read more of my reviews, please visit mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment