Saturday, January 19, 2019

I Owe You One - Sophie Kinsella


I Owe You OneI Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read my reviews at www.mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

Kinsella’s books seem to be hit or miss for me. I didn’t love this one. But it wasn’t a complete miss either.
Fixie Farr doesn’t have her nickname “Fixie” for nothing. Between her “Family first” motto and needing to fix everything she comes across from crooked vases to the lives and relationships of others, Fixie has no time for herself. A chance meeting at a coffee shop leads to a game of IOU’s passing back and forth between her and the handsome (no longer) stranger.
I usually enjoy her “train wreck” main characters; but in this one, Fixie was bit too oblivious for me. I loved her heart and wanting to keep the family and shop together. Her desire to help out everyone in her circle. But, geez, take the blinders off. You’re totally being used.
The way she throws herself, heart and soul and body, into relationships is a bit frightening and unstable as well. Despite that, I did like her as a character.
I hated most other characters, including Seb and his stupidity. But I think I was supposed to.
Some language and sex. Which, again, some of her books seem heavier on than others. This one leaned toward heavier, in my opinion.
The book was an interesting premise. But a little to over the top of me right now. Perhaps I would have loved it at another time. But for now, I would say I’m split between “just okay” and “liked it.” So 2.5 stars from me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment