Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame


The Wind in the WillowsThe Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another classic I haven’t read. And I definitely want to do this as a read aloud/audio book experience with my kiddos.
I switched between reading (not this edition but an old one with great color pictures I’ve owned forever) and listening to the audio. It definitely lends itself to listening.
I wasn’t so sure about reading a story about rodents. Especially the rat. I thought it was more about moles and toads. Which I guess technically a mole is a rodent. But not a rat. Rats and mice are the worst. Anyway, I digress. Let’s talk about Toad. He is so over the top. I could picture him in all of his boasting and self-importance.
Glad to have read it. Placing it now in the “to read to my kids” pile.

Read more of my reviews at mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment