Friday, May 3, 2019

Go See the Principal: True Tales from the School Trenches - Gerry Brooks


Go See the Principal: True Tales from the School TrenchesGo See the Principal: True Tales from the School Trenches by Gerry Brooks
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

As a former middle school teacher, I do enjoy Gerry Brooks videos. I follow him on Facebook and YouTube, appreciating how each video is both relevant and humorous. So, I was super excited to learn he had written a book.
Then I read the book.
It was a disappointment. I think my overarching issue was I’m not sure who this book was directed to. One chapter (or paragraph…or sentence) would be clearly addressing teachers. Then the next would jump to parents. Or administrators. Or bus drivers. Who is the true audience, because I don’t think this book clearly reached any of them.
While there were some funny bits, there were also many incomplete thoughts and ideas. Additionally, the transcriptions of some of his videos just don’t work. You need the visuals for the humor and key points to come across. They were weird to just read.
For now, I’ll be sticking with the videos to get my Gerry Brooks fill ups.

Thanks to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the review copy. All opinions are my own.

See other reviews at https://mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment