Friday, May 3, 2019

Spark of Light - Jodi Picoult


A Spark of LightA Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I knew going into this book that it was going to be a difficult read for me just due to the topic. I think abortion is something people are strongly divided about. So a book tackling it faces some unique challenges.

It has two stars because, as usual, Jodi Picoult made me think. However, I really didn't feel like the writing of this book was on par with her past books. I didn't like the backwards timeline. I don't think it served any of the character's stories or the overarching themes of the book well. And there were so many inconsistencies. Perhaps that's from the timeline going backward. Or maybe it was because all of the narrators were unreliable in their own ways. Either way (or a different reason entirely), I didn't like it. I did like the portrayal of the father/daughter relationships.


See more reviews at https://mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment