Friday, May 3, 2019

Printed Letter Bookshop - Katherine Reay


The Printed Letter BookshopThe Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yes! This is Katherine Reay as I like her best. A book of friendship and love (in its various forms) and books!
Madeline inherits a bookshop from her estranged aunt, along with the loyal employees and customers. She intends to see the store turn a profit and then sell at the first opportunity. But life, of course, has other plans.
This book is told from three points of view: Madeline as well as the workers at her aunt’s shop, Claire and Judith. I enjoyed the multiple perspectives and especially liked Claire’s chapters told in third person unlike the others in first person. The way the relationship between the three women developed was realistic.
I don’t think any of the side plot distracted from the main story. It developed at an even pace and kept me turning the pages.
And that book list at the back…Brilliant!

Thanks to the author and NetGalley for the advanced copy to review. All thoughts are my own.

See other reviews at https://mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment