Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Just As I Am: The Autobiography of Billy Graham


Just As I Am: The Autobiography of Billy GrahamJust As I Am: The Autobiography of Billy Graham by Billy Graham
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Whew! This book took me awhile to get through. Longer than I had even anticipated when first realizing it's length. I think I had it checked out from the library three or four different times getting it finished. There were a lot of names throughout, which made for some tedious reading. It was also sort of chronological but not really. So that made it hard to follow at times.
I'm glad I read it. I did really enjoy the more personal aspects that he wrote about. Shortly after his death, a blogger I read mentioned what a disservice he did to his family through his ministry and if that was really what God called him to. And I have been pondering that ever since. I was glad that he did address this towards the end of his autobiography. It helped me understand where his heart was on that issue.
Just amazing to read all that happened through the life of this one man who chose to surrender to God and act on what he believed God was telling him.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment