Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy - Kate Abbott


Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil WarLiar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book covering four female spies (two from the North and two from the South) during the Civil War should have been infinitely interesting. But it wasn't. Because the four stories rotate based on chronology, it took me about half the book to keep people straight. The pace was slow, and it took me far longer to read than it should have. I'm not entirely sure why, as the content is something that would normally intrigue me. So I just have to chalk it up to presentation.
1.5 stars

If you like reading my reviews, you can see more at mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment