Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The Space Between Us - Thrity Umrigar


The Space Between UsThe Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story focuses on two women and their relationships - with each other, their husbands, their children, and, more subtly, the modern India at large. Bhima has worked for Sera for decades, providing for her own family's sustenance. It's an intimate and thought provoking look at their lives.

This was the book choice for the club I am currently leading. And it definitely gave us a lot of discussion points. Reading it was really a cycle of hope and despair. The ways the lives intertwined was intriguing to me. I am looking forward to the second book coming out June 2018

Trigger warnings: abuse

If you would like to read more of my reviews, visit my page at mommyreadsbooks.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment